8 October 2018
The Union des Théâtres de l’Europe (UTE) is an alliance of European theatres, legally headquartered in France and operating out of an executive office in Germany.
Regarded as one of the most influential theatre associations in Europe, the Union des Théâtres de l’Europe is also deeply rooted in the history of European theatre.
The UTE is currently recruiting a new Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the driving force of the association and acts in close collaboration with the Board of Directors, developing the association’s vision and strategy as well as conducting the activities planned as part of EU projects. The Executive Director will be in charge of representing the UTE internationally and developing the sustainable growth of the association, including future funding strategies.
The executive director is accountable to the UTE Board of Directors and President only.
- Drive the development of the UTE’s vision and strategy in order to achieve the UTE’s mission and goals in close collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Completing and submitting claims to European programs for financing cultural projects and associations
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the activities as part of the EU funded program of activities (2018-2019) in partnership with the involved members
- Lead on the annual reporting to the EACEA and on the next EU funding application (2021-2025)
- Develop a sustainable financial strategy for the association
- Prepare and organize the General Assemblies of the Association (usually twice a year at least) and the Board meetings.
- Coordinate the actual and future UTE office team in close collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Manage the employed and freelance staff and supervise them in the implementation of their tasks
- Oversee the financial management of the association in collaboration with the administrative and financial officers
- Provide financial information necessary for decision making of the board and the general assemblies
- Prepare all the necessary reports, including annual Activities Plan and annual reports.
- Maintain a constant and smooth communication with the members and support them in their missions
- Report on any feedback and challenges faced by the members to the Board
- Support members in their advocacy work at local, regional and national levels
- Manage the new memberships’ application process and recommend new members to the Board based on geographical diversity and inclusion
- Widen the international visibility of the association and of Theatre as an independent art form
- Foster the collaboration of the UTE with other European networks and beyond
- Excellent knowledge of two major European languages, preferably accompanied by English
- Experience in coordination, project management and organizing events
- Experience in conceiving and implementing development strategies
- Experience in conceiving successful European claims and to managing the process of running a European project
- Strong interest in international networking and communication
- A good knowledge of the cultural and contemporary theatre scene at European level would be appreciated
- Full-time position with a 36-month contract. The salary is negotiable
- Contract extension is possible and subject to funding and performance
- The position is ready to be filled starting in January 2019 or at the latest early March 2019, depending on the successful candidate’s availability and/or notice period
- The Executive Director is currently based with his/her small team in Düsseldorf
- International travels and occasional weekend work will be necessary
How to apply: Please send your CV, a letter of motivation (1-page maximum) and expected salary. Recommendation letters are appreciated.
Submit your application via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 16 November 2018, 18:00 CET
Interviews will take place in Vienna, at the Volkstheater Wien, on 15 December 2018.
Below is a PDF version of this information: